Sunday, July 15, 2007

Slow Progress

Peter and I (well Peter actually but I was there in my scully rups) installed the drain yesterday. The water flowed away beautifully but it is pooling exactly where the actually pond is going to installed. I'm happy about that. There is no sign of frogs breeding yet, just chatting each other up with their singing still. I believe August is when the action begins so I have to get the pond and bog in by then. I'm off to Bunnings tonight to price up a proper pond liner (will look elsewhere on the weekend as Bunnings is often pricier than the smaller nurseries). I'm thinking I'll just use concrete and pepples to create the bog part. I also need to get stones to vary the depth in the pond and make it safe.
Ally says she may donate a tree fern and there are a couple of native nurseries near by.
We still have our froggy friend chirping away in the garden and it sounds like a friend (hopefully a mate) may have joined him/her.
That's all for today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can buy liner by the meter at lots of nurseries. You can cut it to shape. We did that with our frog pond. Watch out for shelter from birds too.